Sleeps 16 in Style and Comfort
Ettrick View is a beautiful stone-built seven bedroom self-catering house that will very comfortably accommodate 16 with room to spare. Converted from a 19th Century farm steading to a high standard, this house is light, spacious, and is tastefully and comfortably furnished.
It has seven bedrooms, a large lounge with big flat-screen TV, pool table and table tennis, a big kitchen, a dining area that really does seat 16, with plenty of room for you to relax and feel at home without falling over each other. Spacious, elegant and cosy throughout, the house also has large windows with spectacular views overlooking countryside, garden and courtyard. See below for more about the accommodation and a plan of the house.
With plenty to do in the house and in the area, Ettrick View is a superb place to meet up with friends and family and discover this hidden gem of the Scottish Borders.
- Seven bedrooms (2 downstairs)
- Sleeps 16
- Four bathrooms (1 downstairs)
- Spacious and stylish accommodation
- Pool table with table tennis
- Large private enclosed garden with tables, chairs and BBQ
- Large flat screen TV and DVD player
- Children very welcome
- Cot and high chair available
- Suitable for people with restricted mobility
- Well behaved dogs welcome
- Wi-Fi access
- Local pub with meal delivery service
- Stunning views
The front door to Ettrick View leads through a porch to the entrance hall. Turn left to go through the large open plan dining room with two lovely oak dining tables and chairs for 16, to reach the big lounge. In here you will find plenty of comfortable seating, a large flat screen TV with DVD player, a pool table with table tennis, and huge picture windows that overlook the garden and amazing views along the valley. Books, board games and a variety of DVDs are provided as well as loads of information on walks, maps and places to visit in the area.
Also downstairs is a sizeable kitchen with a great view of the hills. This has a door out to the courtyard, is kitted out with all appliances, cutlery and cooking equipment and has a large kitchen table with benches and stools. Off this is a separate utility room with extra sink and washing and drying machines.
There are two downstairs bedrooms, one which can be made up with twin beds or a super king size bed, the other with a king size bed. These share a downstairs toilet and shower room. On the plan below the second of these is not shown: it is accessed off the lounge.
Upstairs are five further bedrooms (one family, three doubles and one twin). Two of these are en-suite, and there is another family shower/bath room. All the rooms have great views.
For disabled guests, there are wide hallways and double doorways as well as the downstairs bedroom, toilet and shower, no steps on the ground floor and a ramp for access to the house.
Behind Ettrick View the land slopes down towards the Ettrick River, a tributary of the Tweed which (with a permit) can be fished for trout and salmon, with a smaller stream flowing into this along the side of the property. Across the river the land rises to frame the fantastic views across the valley. A large private secure garden area has tables and chairs and a gas BBQ for al fresco dining. There is also a large shared courtyard area with seating next to the house and four acres of land where you can roam freely, picnic and paddle in the stream.
And don't forget all of the Scottish Borders on your doorstep to explore.
A cot, high-chair and stair gates are available at no extra cost. Well behaved dogs are welcome (max 3) at a charge of £20 each. Dog baskets and blankets are provided. There is a secure outside area and there are plenty of walks from the doorstep and further afield.
We provide a welcome pack of tea, coffee and biscuits on arrival.
Lockable storage is available for bikes, fishing gear etc. on request and there is a freezer for your catch. A large parking area is available to the side of Ettrick View.
Also available close to the house we have a group of luxury Mongolian yurts - perfect if you have a few extra guests to accommodate. Please see the Ettrick Valley Yurts link at the foot of the page for more details.
If you are looking for accommodation for larger groups of up to 32 people, then Ettrick View can be booked along with the very similar adjoining property, The Byres. Please enquire for details.
House Plan and Accommodation Details
Plan not to scale
- Disabled access
- Porch and large entrance hall
- Dining area for up to 16 people
- Large kitchen with table and benches
- Utility room
- Shower and toilet with hand rails
- One twin/double bedroom (super king size bed)
- One double bedroom (king size bed)
- Big lounge with sofas, TV, and pool table
- One family room (1 double and 2 singles) with en-suite bath and shower room
- One double bedroom (super king size bed) with en-suite bath and shower room
- Two further double rooms (1 king size)
- Twin room
- Family bath and shower room and toilet
- Wi Fi access, DVD player, CD player, satellite TV, telephone
- Central heating throughout
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker, large combination microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, cutlery, pots and pans and cooking equipment
- Iron, hairdryer
- Cot, highchair and stair gates available
- Quality linen and towels provided
- Maps and local information
- Dog basket, blanket and old towels available
- No smoking throughout
- Private garden with tables and chairs for 16
- Shared courtyard area
- Ample parking
- Lockable garage storage available on request
- Four acres of land with picnic areas and stream
- Five minutes walk to Ettrick River
- Beautiful scenery
- Peace and quiet