Sleeps 16 in Style and Comfort
The Byres is part of a beautifully restored 19th Century farm steading set in the tranquility of the rolling hills of the Scottish Borders. Get away from it all and relax in style in this comfortable and spacious self-catering house: the perfect place to meet up with family and friends.
The Byres' seven bedrooms, large lounge, kitchen, dining room and extra sitting room with sofa-bed will very comfortably accommodate 16 guests with room to spare. The house is tastefully decorated throughout with all mod cons. See below for more about the accommodation and a plan of the house.
There is plenty to do in the house, plus many attractions and activities in the area, and the Scottish Borders countryside right on your doorstep.
- Seven bedrooms (2 downstairs)
- Sleeps 16
- Four bathrooms (1 downstairs)
- Spacious and stylish accommodation
- Pool table with air hockey and table tennis
- Private enclosed garden with tables, chairs and BBQ
- Large flat screen TV and DVD player
- Children very welcome
- Cot and high chair available
- Suitable for people with restricted mobility
- Well behaved dogs welcome
- Wi-Fi access
- Local pub with meal delivery service
- Stunning views
The Byres is part of a recent farm steading conversion on two floors. On entering The Byres you walk through a porch into a large entrance hall. Double doors lead to a big open plan kitchen/dining/seating area. The kitchen is well laid out with a central island with bar stools, has plenty of work space and is equipped with all appliances, cutlery and cooking equipment, as well as a cosy seating area, and the dining area which easily seats 16.
Three big arched windows overlook the courtyard and bring in plenty of light, and patio doors open onto the garden where there are tables and chairs, a gas BBQ, and fantastic views across the valley.
The hallway then leads you to a spacious lounge. Here you will find a large flat screen television and selection of films to watch, with plenty of sofas and comfortable chairs and a large pool table (also with table tennis and air hockey).
Also downstairs is a quiet sitting room with sofa-bed, books, games and plenty of information on walks, maps and places to visit in the area.
The Byres is very accessible for people with restricted mobility, having a ramp for wheelchairs, wide hallways, double doors and no steps on the ground floor, as well as a downstairs bedroom with twin beds and a downstairs toilet and shower room with hand rails.
Upstairs are five further bedrooms (one family and four doubles). Two of these are en-suite, and there is also a family shower room. Two of the beds are king size and the rooms are tastefully and comfortably furnished throughout. The beds are all made up with quality cotton sheets and covers, and towels are provided.
A cot, high-chair and stair gates are available at no extra cost.
We have Wi-Fi access, DVD/CD player, Satellite TV and telephone. There is ample parking outside this large holiday home, a private garden, shared courtyard, and four acres of land with a stream and picnic areas among stunning scenery.
Lockable storage is available for bikes, fishing gear etc. on request and there is a freezer for your catch.
Information is provided on walks, maps and places to visit in the area.
We provide a welcome pack of tea, coffee and biscuits on arrival.
Also available close to the house we have a group of luxury Mongolian yurts - perfect if you have a few extra guests to accommodate. Please see the the Ettrick Valley Yurts link at the foot of the page for more details.
If you are looking for accommodation for larger groups of up to 32 people, then The Byres can be booked along with the very similar adjoining property Ettrick View. Please enquire for details.
House Plan and Accommodation Details
Plan not to scale
- Disabled access
- Large open plan area including kitchen with patio doors, cosy chair corner, dining area for up to 16 people
- Porch and large entrance hall
- Shower and toilet with hand rails
- Small sitting room with sofa-bed plus books and games
- Twin bedroom
- Big lounge with sofas, TV, and pool table
- One double bedroom with en-suite bath and shower room, and cot
- Three further double rooms (two of the beds are king size)
- Shower room and toilet
- Wi-Fi access, DVD player, CD player, satellite TV, telephone
- Central heating throughout
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker, large combination microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, cutlery, pots and pans and cooking equipment
- Iron, hairdryer
- Cot, highchair and stair gates available
- Quality linen and towels provided
- Maps and local information
- Dog basket, blanket and old towels available
- No smoking throughout
- Private garden with tables and chairs for 16
- Shared courtyard area
- Ample parking
- Lockable garage storage available on request
- Four acres of land with picnic areas and stream
- Five minutes walk to Ettrick River
- Beautiful scenery
- Peace and quiet